Tuesday 26 May 2015

Yoga and balancing difficult emotions... grief, mourning, bereavement, betrayal, anger, self doubt, frustration, despair, depression....

Image result for Photos of yoga by moonlight

When you hear the word Yoga what comes to mind? Health, well being, great exercise, peace, tranquility, the breath... But have you ever considered Yoga as a tool for dealing with difficult emotions? 

I know that in my past Yoga has been the anchor holding me steady in my life when all else was in chaos and upheaval.  I think it is easy to forget the power behind the practice of Yoga.  Yoga is so much more than a daily routine.  It is a powerful weapon we have at our fingertips... day or night... good days and bad.  

No matter what is going on in your life you can pull out your mat... commit to your practice and find what you need in that moment.  

My wish for you is that you will use your practice at home, in the quiet, when you need a beacon, a lighthouse to shine out into your darkness... Yoga will give you strength and clarity to find your way to the light. 

Namaste               Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment