Wednesday 29 April 2015

Nature's Healing Power

Image result for quotes of John Muir

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the car.  When I finally reached my front door I could not go in.  I put the key in my pocket and started to walk.  I felt such a profound instinct to be outside...to feel the sun on my face.... fresh air in my lungs.  I closed my eyes taking deep breaths loving the clean cold air flowing in and the stale static air flowing out.  I had no idea where I was walking and I didn't care.  I was so elated to be FREE.

I was trapped, caged, knotted up and tangled in my car stuck behind the wheel, my body frozen in the same posture for hours on end, my mind glued to the traffic in front of me.  

I felt such a  deep and primal need to move, walk, breathe and be in nature.  I had to release all the physical and mental restraints that had suffocated me all day.  As I walked in the warmth of the sun I felt reborn.  All the frustration, anxiety and fear washed away.

Never underestimate the power of nature...  fresh air, sunshine, trees, ponds, grass, flowers... to heal and renew your body and soul.

It is so simple.  Just open your front door and set yourself free.


Namaste     Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment