Sunday 14 June 2015

Are you addicted to Coffee? Are you ignoring the effects on your health and well being?

Image result for Photos of Coffee Image result for Photos of Coffee

My Mother used to say to me don't talk to me in the morning before I've had my coffee.... The role of coffee in many people's lives can be surprising... When I decided to give up coffee I was fascinated by the reaction of friends and colleagues.... The responses ranged from ' Are you crazy?... how are you going to manage?  to ' Coffee is my best friend... its the only reason I get up in the morning...!' to ' I'd rather give up my husband than my coffee...'  The range of emotion was intense and extreme.  

What role does coffee / caffeine play in your life?  Are you able to take it or leave it? Or does it play a far more profound role than merely a mid morning pick-me-up... 

The fact is coffee is a highly addictive substance that has significant side effects both psychologically and physically.  I would like to suggest an experiment. Write on a piece of paper how you feel about drinking coffee... does it make you feel... happy, secure, restored, rewarded, comforted, valued, pampered, awake... is it a reliable port in the daily storms of life?  

And then I would like to you write down any side effects you experience from drinking coffee or.... when you skip a routine cup of coffee... I think the results might disturb you.  And they should.


Symptoms of excessive Caffeine intake

  • An elevated heart rate
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Nausea
  • Restlessness
  • Tremors
  • Urinating Excessively
  • Dehydration
  • Vomiting
  • Large amounts of caffeine may stop the absorption of calcium and lead to thinning bones 
  • Caffeine may lead to painful, lumpy breasts
Withdrawal symptoms
  • Drowsiness
  • Headaches
  • Irritability
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
I would like you to take a week off drinking coffee and replace it with Green Tea... Green Tea is the Fairy Godmother of Coffee... transforming the detrimental effects of coffee into a fairy-tale of positive health benefits.

It will not be easy... Do you feel that you physically NEED your coffee?  This need is partially physical, caffeine is an addictive drug that your body will have to withdraw from and withdrawal can be both physically and psychologically difficult.  But the real need is usually more psychologically difficult than physically.  So I suggest you replace your coffee fix with Green Tea.  Once you have passed through the physical withdrawal symptoms you will notice the many benefits Green Tea provides without the side effects of coffee.  

I hope you will take up the challenge and free your body and mind from an unhealthy dependence on coffee. 

Namaste               Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment