Tuesday 10 March 2015

Day 10 Bedtime Blog

I have decided to do a short yoga practice tonight before bedtime.  I am going to do several rounds of Sun Salutation A and see where it takes me.  I do not always plan my practice in full as I prefer to see how my body is feeling and improvise depending on what feels best at the time.  I love this spontaneous practice as it allows me to really listen to my body and fully enjoy the moment and respond to what I need.  I notice that at night my breathing is the most shallow it has been all day.  I think my body is slowing down and I seem to put little or no effort into inhalation or exhalation.  My feelings of tiredness are increased by a lack of oxygen so I am going to really try to inhale deeply during the five deep breaths in down dog during my Sun Salutations.  I hope your evening practice goes well if you are taking out your mat to ease your way into a good nights sleep.  I look forward to seeing you in the dome tomorrow.  Here's hoping we have another gorgeous day of sunshine and Spring flowers.  

Namaste   Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment