Friday 13 March 2015

Lucky Friday! Day 13 of the Yoga Challenge!

Happy Lucky Friday to all of you!  We have had such a wonderful class in the dome today. The energy was flowing and everyone was lifted by working together and overcoming a little discomfort to reach a higher level of practice.  I was impressed with how many people really stretched themselves working to overcome their own limitations and reach their goals. It was a challenging practice with a very well earned relaxation at the end.  Well done to all of you who came to start your weekend on a high note.  I know it has set me up so well for the weekend.  

I really hope you are able to take some time this weekend to focus on your own practice.  I have found that it is getting easier to slip in small practice moments even if just for 5 or 10 minutes in the kitchen or when the kids are watching TV.  As I was saying to you this morning if you do one Asana during the day make it Down Dog.  It is such a total body toning pose that literally reaches almost every muscle in the body.  If you do only 1 minute of Down Dog in the kitchen while cooking dinner this is a victory.  I think the more you just break into spontaneous postures the better.  Practice does not have to be formal it can be improvisational and spur of the moment.  I have practiced in parking lots, waiting rooms, swimming pools, department stores, hair dressers, restaurants, friend's houses even on airplanes.  Yoga is the most portable form of exercise in the world.  You can do it anywhere anytime.  

I hope you will fight for your right to practice yoga and banish any worries about the right time and place.  Anytime is the right time because you will benefit and feel better whether its for 30 seconds or 3 hours.  Go for it! I hope to see random acts of yoga all over Surrey this weekend! 

Namaste     Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment